24 Sep #Olmedatelier: Onion rings with green piquillo pepper sauce
Onion rings are a very popular dish, delicious and very easy and quickly to prepare. Today we are going to prepare onion rings with a very special sauce using our fantastic and exclusive green piquillo peppers Olmeda Orígenes.
• Some onions
• 1 cup of flour
• 1/2 cup of milk
• 1/2 cup of beer
• 1 small spoon of salt
• 2 small spoons of sweet paprika Olmeda Origenes
• 1/4 spoon of Cayenne pepper
• 1 small spoon of garlic powder
• 1 egg
• crumbed bread
• Frying oil
• 5/6 green piquillo peppers Olmeda Origenes
• 1 garlic
• a pinch of salt
• 2/3 pickles
• some parsley
• 1 small spoon of olive oil
• 2/3 spoons of mayonnaise
- First of all we need to peel the onion with the hands, cut it in discs with a width of about one finger. then we will separate the rings carefully.
- Now we will make the beer dough. To do so we will put in a bowl the following ingredients: all the flour, salt, paprika, cayenne pepper and garlic powder. We will mix gently all the spices with the flour. In another bowl we will put the egg, milk and a pinch of salt and mix well. We will put together both bowls and mix well. Then it is time to add the beer, and mix very well. If the mix is too solid, we can add more milk, we need to obtain a fluid mix, but consistent enough. Once prepared, we will put it in a bowl and cover it with plastic film and let set in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Once the dough is ready, we will dip each onion ring gently in the dough, and we will put it into the bread crumble immediately after.
- Now we will fry the onion rings in hot oil until they are golden and crispy. We will put them on a bed of kitchen paper so that it absorbs the excess of oil.
Time to prepare our delicious sauce!
We recommend to prepare the sauce before the onion rings as it needs to set for some minutes. We will put in the mixer bowl the following ingredients: piquillo peppers, pickles, garlic, parsley. Then add the salt and oil, together with the mayonnaise and mix perfectly until the mix is homogeneous. We can strain the sauce after, it is optional. Put the mix into a bowl, cover it with alimentary film and let sit for some minutes.
Now you can enjoy this delicious recipe!!!
If you prefer to watch the video and follow the recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py4OUgw87GQ